Your IP Address:  54.81.110.114
 Welcome to The Muscatine CSD Technology Department Thursday, October 19 2017 @ 11:37 AM Central Daylight Time  
help desk | Home |  Contribute |  Calendar |  Index |  Forum |  Downloads |  Web Resources |  Polls | 
Menu
MCSD Main Page
General News Archive
Tech Articles Archive
PowerSchool

Quick Links
Trans Trip Requests
Tech Tickets

User Functions
Username:

Password:

Forgot your password? Reset it here

Home »  PowerSchool / PowerTeacher »  Enrollment Form / Emergency Card
Prev Topic Next Next Topic Printable Version
Enrollment Form / Emergency Card Views: 7408
 Friday, March 26 2010 @ 10:12 AM Central Daylight Time
I will soon begin re-creating the Enrollment Form / Emergency Card so that it can be printed directly from PowerSchool.

Before I start, I'd like to see if there are any changes that are needed for the 2010 - 2011 school year.

Please review the current Enrollment Form, evaluating it from the perspective of your duties, and/or the program(s) you are in charge of. Please reply on this forum with your suggestions for changes. (You must log in first)

Also, click the "Notify me of replies" option below when you type your reply so that you will be emailed any time there is new content posted to this thread.

Current Enrollment Form

~Brian Brock
  Profile      Email   

Friday, March 26 2010 @ 03:34 PM Central Daylight Time
One of the first questions I would like to ask is if anybody uses the fields provided in the header of the document? I'm specifically referring to the Enrollment Date, Enrollment Code, BC, AP, IMM, and DE initials? I've peeked over some of your shoulders and have not seen these being used... If they are not being used across the district, then we could better utilize the space for something else.

~Brian Brock
  Profile      Email   

Friday, March 26 2010 @ 03:56 PM Central Daylight Time
It's OK with me if they are gone.

My Principal and teachers also have requested that we take off the "Call" on the early emergency dismissal part. We believe that they can write that in the "other" section. Otherwise if they mark "call" we, as a school, feel obligated to call. If you have been around on one of those days the phones are busy enough and time is an issue without having to try to make all the phone calls out. Neutral

Profile      Email   

Friday, March 26 2010 @ 04:00 PM Central Daylight Time
If you are cramped for space, I would suggest the Student Sibling Information could possibly be taken out. We can find that out on Powerschool with the sibling link can't we? If you don't need the space it's fine there. Just an idea! Razz

Profile      Email   

Monday, March 29 2010 @ 09:18 AM Central Daylight Time
Jan Collinson:

[Quote 1. Individualized Education Program should be PLAN not Program and if
possible, could you add (IEP) in parenthesis like you did with TAG? Many
parents only know it by that acronym.
2. In that same section, could you please add 504 Plan

Thanks!
Jan

~Brian Brock
  Profile      Email   

Monday, March 29 2010 @ 03:20 PM Central Daylight Time
In the section "Special Programs", we currently have spots for 'Hearing Impaired', 'Health Needs' & 'Medications'. Since there is a Health Information section on the reverse of the form, should these three areas be addressed there, or is there a supportable reason why they should be left in the "Special Programs" section?

~Brian Brock
  Profile      Email   

Monday, March 29 2010 @ 03:27 PM Central Daylight Time
I would agree with Jill on the "call for emergencies" blank being removed or add in parenthesis (non-weather related only). It does suggest in the "District's School Closing Information" that parents listen to news broadcasts for emergency weather related dismissals. We do not practice calling parents unless there would be another type of unforseen emergency.

Profile      Email   

Monday, March 29 2010 @ 03:38 PM Central Daylight Time
Hearing Impaired I believe would be considered a Special Program. But the Health Needs and Medications from my experiences are most often listed by parents on the back of the form with the rest of the Health History. That to me would make the most sense to keep it all together.

Profile      Email   

Monday, March 29 2010 @ 08:56 PM Central Daylight Time
In the Parent / Guardian Section, we ask two questions:

1) Student Lives Here?
2) Responsible for student?

Is there a reason to ask both questions, or can we ask only the "Student Lives Here" question?

~Brian Brock
  Profile      Email   

Tuesday, March 30 2010 @ 08:21 AM Central Daylight Time
I do look at both, for the reason, if I can't reach one parent am I able to call the other? There is the emergency contacts, but I usually try both parents first. It also is helpful to know that the child shares time living at both addresses if parents are separated.

Profile      Email   

Legend:
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic
You may not post messages
Full HTML is allowed
Words are not censored

Created this page in 0.46 seconds

Copyright © 2017 The Muscatine CSD Technology Department
 All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective owners.